We provide this privacy statement explaining our online information practices, so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may release your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Mobile Device Privacy
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile deivce, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
We are based in Topanga California and you are contracting to use our Site. This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Topanga California, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in Topanga California will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
No Users Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use the Site at any time. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from anyone under the age of 13, we will erase that information from our servers. It is a violation of our Terms of Service for children under the age of 13 to use the Site.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please address them to email@example.com.
These terms were last updated on October 7, 2016
Course Terms of Service & Refunds Policy
The owner and operator of this site is Design Community College Inc. By purchasing education or products from Design Community College Inc. through this website the purchaser (“Customer”), agrees to the following terms and conditions of sale.
- A $50.00 fee will be charged to participants who transfer to another course within 2 weeks of the original course.
- Cancellations can be made up until 14 days before the scheduled event date and will incur a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for cancellations made within 10 days of the scheduled start date of a class or series of classes.
- We do not provide education for any persons whose job description includes preparing online education or any person who intends to provide material to someone else who is preparing online education. If we discover that a person registered in one of our courses is employed in preparing online education or we have reasonable grounds to believe is employed in preparing online education their registration will be terminated and no refund will be issued.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for no-shows or for those who begin a course but do not complete it.
- If the event is canceled all attendees will be notified via email and a refund issued or transfer to the next available course session.
- Only one discount may be applied to a single registration.
- We reserve the right to make changes at any time without notice including, but not confined to price, content, description, starting time, duration, presenters, and location of courses.
- Substitutions: If you are unable to attend the program, you can always send a substitute even at the last minute. Email us to inform us of the change.
- Registrants agree by registering not to present the content to an audience of more than one person or to reproduce or distribute the content of this class by any means.Registrants further agree to pay the full registration fee for every person who views this presentation as a consequence of the registrant’s registration.
- HTML-5 viewers and recording technologies are not permitted and we reserve the right to terminate a registrant’s connection without notice or refund if a student uses a recording or mass projection technology without our written permission.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Design Community College Inc., its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
- By creating an account with Design Community College Inc. the Customer consents to receiving electronic communications from Design Community College Inc. The Customer’s personal details will not be sold or leased to any third party.
- Governing law, venue and jurisdiction These terms and conditions are governed by, take effect and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and the Customer irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in California and courts entitled to hear appeals therefrom. This agreement and all acts, transactions, disputes and controversies arising hereunder or relating hereto, and all rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws (and not the conflict of laws rules) of the State of California. All disputes, controversies, claims, actions and other proceedings involving, directly or indirectly, any matter in any way arising out of, related to, or connected with, this agreement and any and all other claims against Design Community College Inc. of any kind, shall be brought only in a court located in Los Angeles County, California, and each party consents to the jurisdiction of any such court, and waives any and all rights the party may have to object to the jurisdiction of any such court, or to transfer or change the venue of any such action or proceeding, including, without limitation, any objection to venue or request for change in venue based on the doctrine of forum non conveniens; provided that, notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein shall limit the right of Lender to bring proceedings against Borrower in the courts of any other jurisdiction.
By purchasing or downloading files from our site or registering for our classes or workshops you consent to receive from us by e-mail our e-newsletter and details of other special offers which we may think may be of interest to you.
Subscribers may “opt out” of the e-mail communications offered on the site at the foot of the email newsletter.
We do not share or sell personal information about our customers or site visitors to third parties.
Content usage guidelines
- Please share links to any of our content by email and social media.
- Please reference or quote up to 50 words of any of our text content with attribution to our site
- Republishing in full any of our content on the web or any other way is prohibited.
- We cannot fulfill requests for original files
- You cannot make money off of our content.
- You cannot claim our content as your original content and publish it on any channel as your own
Content Attribution Policy
- Attribute Design Community College Inc. as the source.
- Link to the original Design Community College source that you are referencing.
- For references to Design Community College Inc.downloadable content offers behind a form. link to the landing page URL with the form for that original offer.
Web Site Terms of Service
User Prohibited From Illegal Uses
User shall not use, and shall not allow any person to use, the Site or Services in any way that violates a federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance, or for any disruptive, tortious, or illegal purpose, including but not limited to harassment, slander, defamation, data theft or inappropriate dissemination, or improper surveillance of any person.
User represents and warrants that:
- User will use the Services only as provided in these Terms;
- User is at least 18 years old and has all right, authority, and capacity to agree to these Terms;
- User will provide accurate, complete, and current information to the Site and its owner(s);
- User will notify the Site and its owner(s) regarding any material change to information User provides, either by updating and correcting the information, or by alerting the Site and its owner(s) via the functions of the Site or the email address provided below.
Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SITE PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS. THE SITE DOES NOT WARRANT UNINTERRUPTED USE OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICES, OR THAT ANY DATA WILL BE TRANSMITTED IN A MANNER THAT IS TIMELY, UNCORRUPTED, FREE OF INTERFERENCE, OR SECURE. THE SITE DISCLAIMS REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, WRITTEN, ORAL, CONTRACTUAL, COMMON LAW, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES, DUTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT MAY ARISE FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Liability Is Limited
THE SITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT SUCH LOSS MAY OCCUR) OR EXPOSURE TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS BY REASON OF ANY ACT OR OMISSION. THE SITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVED WITH THE SERVICES, SITE OFFERS, OR ANY ACT BY SITE USERS. THE SITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM ANY SERVICE PROVIDED BY, OR PRODUCT OR DEVICE MANUFACTURED BY, THIRD PARTIES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT USER MAY SUFFER FOR ANY REASON, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF THE SITE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR SERVICES, AND ANY PARTY’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, ACTUALLY PAID BY USER TO THE SITE OWNER DURING THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT THAT USER CLAIMS CAUSED THE DAMAGES.
The Site shall not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of any loss, disclosure, or third party use of information, regardless of whether such disclosure or use is with or without User’s knowledge or consent. The Site shall have no liability for any damages related to: User’s actions or failures to act, the acts or omissions of any third party, including but not limited to any telecommunications service provider, or events or causes beyond the Site’s reasonable control. The Site has no obligations whatever, and shall have no liability to, any third party who is not a User bound by these Terms. Limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers in these Terms shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Third party products, links, and actions
The Site may include or offer third party products or services. The Site may also have other users or members who interact with each other, through the Site, elsewhere online, or in person. These third party products and any linked sites have separate and independent terms of service and privacy policies. We have no control or responsibility for the content and activities of these linked sites, sellers, and third parties in general, regardless of whether you first were introduced or interacted with such businesses, services, products, and people through the Site, and therefore you agree that we are not liable for any of them. We do, however, welcome any feedback about these sites, sellers, other users or members, and third parties.
Changes to the Site and the Services
The owners and contributors to the Site will work to improve the Site for our users, and to further our business interests in the Site. We reserve the right to add, change, and remove features, content, and data, including the right to add or change any pricing terms. You agree that we will not be liable for any such changes. Neither your use of the Site nor these terms give you any right, title, or protectable legal interest in the Site or its content.
This site and some delivery modes of our product are built on the WordPress platform. For information about intellectual property rights, including General Public License (“GPL”) terms under which the WordPress software is licensed, see here http://wordpress.org/about/gpl/
The Site grants User a revocable, non-transferable, and non-exclusive license to use the Site solely in connection with the Site and the Services, under these Terms.
Copyright in all content and works of authorship included in the Site are the property of the Site or its licensors. Apart from links which lead to the Site, accurately attributed social media references, and de minimus text excerpts with links returning to the Site, no text, images, video or audio recording, or any other content from the Site shall be copied without explicit and detailed, written permission from the Site’s owner. User shall not sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights or access to the Site or related Services to any other person.
The names and logos used by the Site, and all other trademarks, service marks, and trade names used in connection with the Services are owned by the Site or its licensors and may not be used by User without written consent of the rights owners. Use of the Site does not in itself give any user any license, consent, or permission, unless and then only to the extent granted explicitly in these Terms.
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by the Site.
Usernames, Passwords, and Profiles
If prompted, Users must provide a valid email address to the Site, at which email address the User can receive messages. User must also update the Site if that email address changes. The Site reserves the right to terminate any User account and/or User access to the Site if a valid email is requested but is not provided by the User.
If the Site prompts or allows a User to create a username or profile, Users agree not to pick a username or provide any profile information that would impersonate someone else or that is likely to cause confusion with any other person or entity. The Site reserves the right to cancel a User account or to change a username or profile data at any time. Similarly, if the Site allows comments or user input, or prompts or allows a User to create an avatar or upload a picture, User agrees not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password for the Site, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. We recommend that you use a password that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorized it. You agree to inform us of unauthorized use of your account, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions with the Site, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures. The Site’s own security measures are reasonable in terms of their level of protection, but are not helpful if the interactions of you or any other User with Site are not secure or private.
We are based in Topanga California and you are contracting to use our Site. These Terms and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Topanga California, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in the Topanga California will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the Site and Service.
Any cause of action User may have relating to the Site or the Services must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
Both parties waive the right to a jury trial in any dispute relating to the Terms, the Site, or the Services.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any aspect of the Terms to be unenforceable, the Terms shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, to give effect to the intent of the Terms, and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
User may not assign his or her rights or delegate his or her responsibilities under these Terms or otherwise relating to the Site or its Services.
There shall be no third party beneficiaries under these Terms, except for the Site’s affiliates, suppliers, and licensors, or as required by law.
Use of the Site and its Services is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including without limitation this paragraph.
The failure of the Site to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please address them to email@example.com.
These terms were last updated on October 7, 2016
Publications Terms of Service
& Refunds Policy
The owner and operator of this site is Design Community College Inc. By purchasing products from Design Community College Inc. through this website the purchaser (“Customer”), agrees to the following terms and conditions of sale.
1.1 Upon the Customer confirming its purchase order the Customer agrees to purchase the products in the Customer’s “shopping cart” for their price and any postage and handling or tax charges as applicable.
1.2 The Customer warrants that it will not purchase products for the purpose of commercial resale.
1,3 All print publications are printed on demand for each order. We are unable to cancel orders or refund print publications once an order has been placed. We are unable to refund digital orders after the publication has been downloaded by the customer based on our site download records.Customers are responsible for downloading our files to suitable devices and devices that have sufficient memory storage available.
2.1 If the Customer purchases a defective product from Design Community College Inc., the Customer must return the product to Design Community College Inc. within 28 days of receiving the product, with a copy of the invoice for the product and a brief letter which includes the Customer’s details and identifies the defect in the product.
2.2 If the product is defective, Design Community College Inc. will in its discretion, either:
(a) replace the product; or
(b) provide a refund of the price of the defective product to the Customer.
2.3 Design Community College Inc will not accept any liability for any defective products which the Customer does not return in accordance with clause.
2.4 In no case shall the maximum liability of Design Community College Inc. exceed the price of the product in respect of which a claim is made.
3.1 The Customer shall not be entitled to object if information about products on the Website is not correct or if advertised products are not available or if images of products differ from the actual products.
3.2 If the Customer pays for a product which Design Community College Inc. cannot supply Design Community College Inc. will refund the price of that product to the Customer.
Products sent to incorrect address
4.1 If the Customer does not receive products it has purchased within 40 days of the date of purchase Berkelouw Books shall not be liable to the Customer for those products unless the Customer notifies Design Community College Inc. within 40 days of the date of purchase.
4.2 If a product is not received by a Customer because it was sent by Design Community College Inc. to an incorrect address due to an error by Design Community College Inc. then Design Community College Inc. shall be responsible for the resending or replacement of the product or refunding of the price of the product.
4.3 If a product is not received by the Customer because the Customer provided an incorrect or insufficient address, then:
(a) subject to clause , if the product is returned to Design Community College Inc., Berkelouw Books will resend the product to the Customer provided that the Customer first pays the cost of postage and handling for resending; or
(b) if the product is not returned to Design Community College Inc., then Design Community College Inc shall have no further responsibility.
If products which a Customer has purchased are returned to Design Community College Inc. by a person other than the Customer and Design Community College Inc. cannot, despite reasonable efforts, contact the Customer or the Customer does not contact Design Community College Inc. within 3 months of products being returned to Design Community College Inc. then ownership of the products will revert to Design Community College Inc.
The Customer agrees not to hold Design Community College Inc. liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame.
Passing of risk and ownership
7.1 Subject to clauses and Design Community College Inc. does not accept any liability for products after it has sent the products to the Customer.
7.2 Subject to clause 5, ownership of products purchased by the Customer shall pass to the Customer upon Design Community College Inc.’s sending the products to the Customer.
Limitation of liability
8.1 Design Community College Inc. shall not be liable to the Customer for refunding the price of products or replacing or exchanging products which the Customer purchases through Design Community College Inc.’ website other than as set out in these terms and conditions.
8.2 Design Community College Inc. shall not be liable to the Customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of products or services which the Customer purchases through Design Community College Inc.’ website, even if Design Community College Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Gift voucher expiry
Gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date they are issued, after which the voucher expires. Any remaining credit is non-refundable.
10.1 Design Community College Inc. hereby grants the Customer permission to access, view and download the content appearing on this site, for personal, non-commercial use only.
10.2 The Customer agrees not to use any device, method or software to interfere with the proper functioning of this site including but not limited to: spiders, robots, avatars, agents, data mining, gathering or extraction tools and attempts to probe, scan or test or breach security and authentication measures.
11.1 The Customer agrees that the content which the Customer accesses, views or downloads and the software used to create it, remains the intellectual property of Design Community College Inc.
11.2 The Customer agrees not to modify or alter the content of the website in any way, or make it available to any third parties.
By creating an account with Design Community College Inc. the Customer consents to receiving electronic communications from Design Community College Inc. The Customer’s personal details will not be sold or leased to any third party.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by, take effect and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and the Customer irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in California and courts entitled to hear appeals therefrom.